A Sword in my Hand 2 | In Space, There Might Be North | Perdurabo Readings | Living Thelema: Astral Projection
In this episode:
Information is categorized under the segments in the podcasts which mention the texts or websites.
In Space, There Might Be North by David Shoemaker
Perdurabo Readings by Richard Kaczynski
"Living Thelema: Astral Projection" by Dr. David Shoemaker
- Closing July 31, an exhibition entitled The Alchemy of Things Unknown, with works by Aleister Crowley, William Blake, JFC Fuller, Harry Smith, Marilyn Manson, A.O. Spare and many more is now open at KHASTOO Gallery in Los Angeles, California.
- Be sure to catch Speech in the Silence contributor Beth Kimbell ("The Magick of Benjamin Franklin," SS episode 7), along with Steven Ryan and Joseph Shepard of Knights Templar Oasis, who discuss Thelema, Aleister Crowley, and O.T.O. on Hex Education, a podcast based in Salem, Massachusetts.
- A new book by Aleister Crowley is due to come out soon from Wordsworth Editions, entitled The Drug and Other Stories. This collection of 49 short stories includes an introduction by William Breeze and David Tibet, and is now available for pre-order. Wordsworth Editions for ordering information.
- Quetzalcoatl Lodge in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, has released the first issue of its quarterly journal, Estrela Rubi. This is now freely available for download in Portuguese.
- Sekhet-Maat Lodge in Portland, Oregon has released the latest number of its journal, Lion & Serpent, now available online and by subscription.
- J. Daniel Gunther offers a lecture, discussion and book signing on Saturday, August 14 at Secret Centre Camp, O.T.O. in Maitland, Florida. Gunther will also facilitate a two-day workshop in Sydney, Australia on October 13-14.
- Sep 17-19 in the Sauerland hills of Germany: Baphomet Rising is the annual convention of Ordo Templi Orientis in Germany, open to all initiate members. See the Facebook event for more information and contact Frater GML if you would like to attend.
- At Sekhet-Maat Lodge in Portland, Oregon on September 4, Eleusyve Productions will perform a special preview edition Aleister Crowley's Rite of Mercury as a Rock Opera. This will include a full-cast performance of all the songs in the Rite. Seating is very limited, with only 30 seats available for each showing. A reception will follow in the evening for all those who attended the matinee or evening performance.
- Oct 1-2 in Seattle, WA: the full production of Aleister Crowley's Rite of Mercury as a rock opera: Eleusyve Productions
- The Texas O.T.O. Conference, or TOTOCON, will be hosted by Scarlet Woman Lodge and is scheduled to take place November 13 and 14 in Austin, Texas.
If you would like to notify our listeners about an event or publication, or other news pertinent to Thelemites, send the details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all of our listeners to leave us feedback with their thoughts on the podcast. You can leave a comment on this blog, leave us a voicemail message, or send us an e-mail.
- Leave a message on our voicemail line at 646-402-5688 x 46368 - be sure to mention your name and location!
Donate to support Speech in the Silence
Tune in for Episode 9 when the Sun enters the sign of Virgo on August 22, 2010 e.v.